ARLINGTON COUNTY REPUBLICAN COMMITTEE PLATFORM
- We support sound stewardship of all public resources, including financial, environmental, and social.
- We strive to ensure that all voices are heard, and that County government is responsive to community needs, desires, and priorities.
- We believe that good government is always accountable to the electorate.
- We honor and uphold the Constitution of the United States, the Constitution of Virginia, and the rule of law.
- We respect everyone, and all are welcome to join our meetings.
- We support responsible, cost-effective, and essential transit services and a transportation policy that strives to meet the needs of all members of the community.
- We believe that Arlington children deserve high quality public schools, and that the School Board should be responsive to the expressed desires of County parents and long-term needs.
- We support planning goals that endeavor to maintain an ample supply of market rate affordable housing, to avoid the need for housing subsidies.
- We believe in maintaining County parks, libraries, public schools, and recreational facilities.
- We support fiscally responsible policies to attract, and retain, high quality County staff.
Integrity and Accountability
- We support a permanent, independent inspector general responsible for conducting robust internal audits of all aspects of County government and reporting to both the County Board and citizens.
- We support whistleblower protections for those who report waste, fraud, or abuse.
- We support protecting the integrity of each vote through easy and fair processes that help eligible persons register and vote, while also preventing fraud.
- We believe that County spending should focus on, and prioritize, core services that bring value to taxpayers.
- We believe that County property tax policies must address both tax rates and assessments and take into account the impact on households and businesses.
- We believe that the purposes and uses of revenue from bond referendums should be clearly stated, and that non-related items should be in separate referendums.
- We support responsible policies to create and maintain jobs in the County.
- We support an environment that is friendly to businesses of all sizes and to employees.
- We support fair and reasonable zoning and licensing policies.